Monday, April 16, 2012

Needing some direction....

Ugh, so clearly, I am not great at this whole writing a blog daily.  Maybe it is because I have only given my blog site to a few people, so it's a safe assumption that no one is really reading this.  A blog solely for my own benefit....interesting.  I am not really sure where I am going with this blog at this point anyway.  As evident in the title, I originally thought describing my chaotic life would be fun.  Not gonna lie, I have no idea who thinks me running around like a chicken with its head cut off is fun.  Shoot, I don't even think it is fun.  Maybe I could review books I read (or TV shows, or music....or all....).  Or maybe I can discuss my yearly goals (I have quite a few lofty ones that I am constantly working on reaching).  Or I can blog about my little crafts and fun things I do with my mom and son.  OR I can go on and on about my garden (yeah, I am so planting a garden this year and I am SOOOOO proud of myself!).  OR.....my favorite....I could dedicate my whole entire blog to Alexander Skarsgard.  Right?  Can't get enough of that guy, can you?  I know I can't.  I guess I could be a scatter brain and post about everything above and then some.  But really, in doing that, I am not giving myself a lot of direction and that seems to be more confusing than even trying to pin point exactly WHY I am writing a blog (besides my own amusement at myself)  Until further notice, I guess I am going to do a little bit of everything.  Writing about everything I like or don't like, that makes my blog chaotic, right?  So scatter brain it is.  Sweet!

My kick for today relates to the previous post about "Fifty Shades of Grey".  I hate the fact that I am so anal that I just HAVE to read all three of these freaking books.  Even if I don't really like them.  That isn't to say that they aren't a little enjoyable.  I mean, they are definitely an easy read (well the first two so far, but I expect the third is the same), but I have to admit to being a little bored by them.  Ugh, dang me and my finishing something to the complete end attitude!  I think one of the reason I don't really like these books (so far) is that they are the kind of books that make you look at your life and think "man, my life is so depressing....I don't have a rich husband that I have sex with four times a day, etc..."  It leaves you feeling like your normal run of the mill life is inadequate.  I know, I know....this is fantasy....I get that.  I really do, but for me, when I read a book, it stays with me.  I'm invested in it, even if I don't love it.  The absolute worst part is, I don't even WANT a life like that.  I mean, seriously, these characters are exhausting with their constant worrying about whether the other loves them and if they are always going to be enough for each other....not even to mention the fact that they barely work and have sex day and night.  Jeez.  We get it....you guys are hot....for each other too.  Anyhow, guess I am stuck sucking it up and buying the third book for my nook and getting sucked into the last (thank God) installment of this crappy series.  I am a glutton for punishment (which by the way is quite apt in reading this series...hee hee).

Since I previously mentioned Alexander Skarsgard (lovingly referred to as Askars by me), I figured I'd talk a bit about this absolutely swoon worthy hunk (hahahaha....sorry, even I am cringing at that word).  I guess his new movie, Battleship, is coming to the US this week (?).  Honestly, it really doesn't look like a movie I'd be itching to see were Askars not in it.  Of course, seeing his amazingly HOT self in this movie makes me super excited to watch it!!  I mean, a girl's got to do something until True Blood comes back on this summer (oooh....wait for that....yeah, I am definitely going to be blogging about True Blood....I am so excited I can barely stand it!)  I was kind of excited to do some searching on the internet and getting to see some pics of Askars at Coachella, but sadly he didn't attend this weekend....here's hoping for next weekend!!!!   


(Upadate: Here are some shots of Askars at Coachella!  Yay!!!)


OK, there you have it.  Enjoy everyone who reads this (aka ME)!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment