Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Garden and Goals

Maybe not the most exciting topic to some...a garden.  I am pretty proud of my garden so far.  Granted, there isn't even a single plant in it yet.  But that's what I am so proud of so far...hahahaha!  I took this flower bed that was overgrown completely by tons of ground cover that was so ratty and gross looking and pulled the whole lot out.  It took me about two weeks to do, working an hour at a time here and there.  I am hoping to go home to a tilled garden today.  I asked the neighbor to borrow his rototiller and I told my husband to get 'er done!  I've started quite a few plants from seeds.  I bought a few plants as well.  Mostly because I don't have enough room for everything in my bay window seat.  I've made a list of all of the veggies/ herbs I am planting.  I have a few flowers I started by seed too, but I don't think I've been super successful with them.  I believe I am going to put the veggies in the garden and the herbs will go in the flower bed.  I will have lettuce, beans, zucchini, tomatoes, asparagus, garlic, broccoli, onions, peppers, hot peppers, parsley, oregano, and basil.  It sounds like a ton, but I just wanted to dabble in everything.  I also wanted to make sure that I mostly growing things that I use regularly.  The big ones being zucchini, asparagus, basil and garlic. 

This garden is one of the many lofty goals that I decided I was going to hold myself to this year.  I don't really consider them new year resolutions, but more things I want to get done in 2012.  Same thing, I suppose.  But "resolutions" sound so easy to just forget about and not follow through with.  I love that everything I am accomplishing, I have a set order in which to do them and I have a time table set up.  Some of these goals are:

Clean the basement (yes, I admit, that place was a hell hole and I was embarrassed for anyone to see it)
Make a garden
Garage sale
Work on jewelry
Potty train L
Print out all digital photos
Organize digital pics in albums
Make a mobile
Sew more

Those are a few of them.  Some I have accomplished, others will constantly be worked on.  I tried to make them all things that I can do on my own mostly and things that I know are within my capabilities.  I've added a few things to do it that I wouldn't mind doing as well, such as making a terrarium.  This seems to be a perfect thing to do more towards fall/ winter.  I love the idea of having different things I strive to do at each time of year.  Definitely more of the craftier things will wait until fall/ winter when we will be looking for cool indoor projects.  And cleaning the basement, garage sale, garden, etc are more spring/ summer activities.  I also love the feeling of crossing something off your list.  It's such a satisfying feeling.  I have to admit, submitting this list the world wide web is slightly terrifying.  Now I really have to my hold myself to these goals.  Clearly, just one more amazingly exciting topics I will get to cover in my blog!  ;)



The picture above are of my garden area and below is my veggie farm!  Hahahaha!!

No comments:

Post a Comment