Thursday, April 5, 2012

I've talked about starting a blog for awhile and was kind of chickened out thinking about everything I write being available to the whole world to read.  Well, here we go, I've sucked it up and figured now is just as good as later! 
I really have no idea if anyone will read this.  My life, though chaotic to me, probably is tame for some people.  I am 32.  I'm a mother.  I am a wife.  I am a daughter.  I have a few other labels, but these three definitely mean the most to me and take up most of my time.
I can easily say being a mother takes the biggest chunk of time in my little world.  I am the mother to a 3yr old boy.  Per his doctor, he is a spirted little boy.  Some days I agree, some days I'm too overwhelmed for titles.  I love my little boy like nothing I've ever experienced.  He challenges me daily!  L is a lively, super intellegent little guy.  I have never quite expierenced a memory like his.  I just discovered that a book I read to him occasionally, he has memorized word for word.  I really don't think he's heard this book more than a handful of times!  I sat there with my jaw dropped completely shocked last night as he read the book to me!  I realize that other kids memorize books and it isn't too uncommon.  I guess what shocked me is that first he hadn't really heard the book as often as some of his favorites and he gave me literally no indication that he had it memorized till I asked him to help me name some of the animals.  Blew me away a bit! 
Right now we are having a few good days with L.  The good days are AMAZING! 
Being a wife is the second hat I wear.  I always ask myself "which is harder, being a parent or being a spouse?"  Even after having a child, I still saying being a spouse is harder.  Being a parent is ridiuclously hard.  I can honestly say that I struggle at it more than not.  And though being a wife seems to be a piece of cake to the mother role, being a spouse tends to be the kind of work that you overlook because other things are more pressing (child up all night wanting your attention 24/7, etc)  But it's also what slowly sneaks up and bites you in the butt.  I love my husband and consider myself really lucky to have found a man like him.  I probably don't tell him I appreciate him enough.  I probably don't give him as much attention as I should either.  Hey, marriage is constant work.  There's times where we want to kill each other.  I never take for granted that though, your family has to love you regardless forever, your husband, does not.  I am committed to a lifetime of working on constantly improving my marriage. 
Finally, being a daughter is an important role in my life.  My mom and I are super close and spend a lot of time together.  She happily comes to my house nightly to sample my budding hobby as a cook. 
Alright....so that's a bit about me.  I assume that as this blog progresses, you'll get to know me a lot better.  The good, bad and ugly!  Hahaha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment