Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter and such

Our Easter weekend was really great!  Saturday morning we woke up early to meet the whole family (in laws and my mom) at Buehler's for breakfast with the Easter bunny.  Now typically, the servers at this particular place BEG for us to bring L because he is hilariously in love with the Easter bunny.  In previous years, he has practically followed the Easter bunny paying no attention to his breakfast or excited grandparents!  This year he was a little wary of the bunny.  Actually, he seemed a bit annoyed that the Easter bunny was even there.  At first he refused to even go sit with him.  So my mom and I told him we'd go see him first and of course, we've got our goofy pics with the Easter bunny.  L came over and sat on A's lap on the floor while I sat next to the bunny....photo moment #3!  Hahahah!  Apparently, one of the servers bribed L with an extra set of crayons.  I almost DIED laughing when L got back into his chair and immediately said "where's my crayons!"  He kept telling us that he would go sit with the Easter bunny after "dinner" (aka breakfast!)  So he finished eating and said he was ready.  The Easter bunny sits on a little wooden bench.  L sat the absolute furthest away from him as he could and gave me the most disgusted, unimpressed look ever.  I swear, I was in stitches laughing at him.  That kid is seriously a riot. 

After breakfast, my mom and I went our separate ways to go to a food carving class.  It was so awesome!  We had a blast and made the coolest veggie bouquets!  Mine was totally the best in the class, if I do say so myself!  Hahahaha!  My mom had surprised me by signing us up and paying for the class for me.  It was a really sweet thing to do and it was so nice to get away and have some fun without L! 

Saturday night, mom, L, and I made deviled eggs (they were little chicks!), finished my relish tray (bunny relish tray) and cupcakes (mom and L made these!) 

Easter morning, mom and I decided to go to mass early....7am!  I was very impressed with us for getting up and getting there mostly on time (yeah, my mom is ALWAYS late anymore!)  Mass was really nice, it wasn't too crowded.  It was really nice to have it done for the day and then we had the rest of the day to celebrate.  A took L down in the basement while Easter bunny #1 (me) and Easter bunny #2 (mom) hid the eggs we colored and FOUR Easter baskets for L (spoiled much?)  L had a freaking blast finding the eggs.  Ziva (our boxer/ lab mix dog) kept giving away the egg locations!  She thinks she's a human and needs to be involved with everything L does!  After that, we got everything together and headed to Cleveland.  It was so great to see my grandparents and aunts and uncle.  My two cousins played with L. He ate SO much candy and had a blast hanging with the girls (they are 15 and 16 and thought L was too much fun!)

Overall, it was an amazing weekend!  I am so thankful for all of my family.  It is absolutely awesome to have a stress free holiday too!



Here are some of the pictures of my Easter yummies!!!!  The pinterest queen strikes again!  Hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment